Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year

Well, it's that time of the year again.  Tomorrow will be the start of a new year, and hopefully 2013 will be better than 2012. 

Let's see...this year...

Since the beginning of 2012, I have...


Gotten a new piercing.
Dyed my hair.

Ended a relationship.
Started a new relationship.
Been on a long car journey.
Passed an exam.
Cried on someone’s shoulder.
Had a massive fight with a boyfriend/girlfriend.
Received flowers.
Had a Valentine.
Written a letter using pen and paper.
Gone to see a therapist.
Been prescribed medication by a doctor.
Read a really good book.
Gone to the zoo.
Spent too much money on unnecessary things.
Traveled by train.
Cried over someone.
Spent a day out in the sun getting a tan.
Slammed a door out of frustration.
Had an anxiety attack.
Had a BBQ.
Gone to the fair.
Gone bowling.
Seen a film at the cinema in 3D.
Gone on a date.
Been the only sober one on a night out.
Helped someone home after they’d had too much to drink.
Stayed up all night.
Talked on the phone for over 2 hours.
Supported someone who’d received bad news.
Watched some kind of live sporting event.
Read an entire book in one day.
Bought a DVD the day it was released.
Eaten McDonald’s more than four times in a single week.
Cried as a result of exam stress.
Met some incredible new people.
Fallen backwards off a chair.
Broken my glasses.
Cried over someone in my past.
Spent hours aimlessly browsing the internet.
Thrown up.
Cried over a film.
Gone out of my way to avoid an ex-significant other.
Fought with someone in (semi)public.
Been in a relationship for a year or longer.
Visited a foreign country.


Yup, and that has been my year.

It's been a rather evntful year.  Made some new friends, went a few places, made a long forgotten childhood wish come true, new discoveries, some realizations, discovering new feelings, had my heart broken a few times, and had a few real smile moments.

Also, guess what I saw this weekend! 

Oh my goodness, Les Miserables is AMAZING! 

The only thing I didn't "like" about it was Russel Crowe.  It sounded like he was singing one note the whole time, except when he did Stars.  He did a pretty good job of Stars, but it could have been much deeper, more emotional.  He just kept the whole eyebrows raised, sad eyes, open mouthed expression.  His eyes didn't really...shall we say...portray the feelings of the song.  He sang it nicely, but not as best as it should have been.

Holy crap, Hugh Jackman!  WHAT. A. MAN!  WHAT. AN. ACTOR!  He was OUTSTANDING!  His eyes!  Oh my gosh.  His EYES!  He portrayed so much emotion, his voice, his breath, his face!  He was AMAZING!  He better win an award of some sort.

Same for Anne Hathaway.  She did a beautiful job of Fantine.  My goodness, she did such a lovely job.  What I loved was how they sang live.  That was gorgeous, if you don't know what I mean by that... Les Miserables Sound Mixing/Editing

And on that topic, the close ups on the actors/actresses and the whole singing live really made all the difference.  During "I Dreamed A Dream" Anne's nose started running, and you could just see that she really meant it.  And then at the end of that video, Eddie Redmayne singing Empty Chairs at Empty Tables, look at his eyes, and hear the shake in his voice...how beautiful is that?  Oh my gosh, it was so amazing!

I have to say that I wanted to see more of Cosette, she seemed to have little to no part in it, but I loved her voice.  It was pure, lovely, and just plain beautiful. 

Eponine, oh, Eponine.  Her story, my goodness.  Her song!  I love the song "On My Own," even playing it on the piano lately.  It's so gorgeous!  So sad!  It makes me cry!  The songs that make me cry are On My Own, Empty Chairs At Empty Tables, A Little Fall of Rain, Red and Black, I Dreamed A Dream, and then the final song.  I'd say that Les Miserables is now one of my biggest favorites--but I don't really have a particular favorite.  Wicked, Les Mis, The Secret Garden, The Music Man, and Phantom of the Opera.  Those are definitely my favorites.

Well, I guess that's all until the next time.  I'm working on a piano song and will hopefully record my playing it the next time I'm home alone (can't do it with the little ones wandering about).  I'm also brewing a new poem, the idea is there and the words will come eventually.  :)

Until the new year, my friends.

Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment