Friday, May 4, 2012

Dandelion Wishes

Hey guys, I have a new poem that I've been working on.  Well, two poems.  They're two different poems but both have 2 things that are the same.  I'm not terribly sure about the first one, it's not my best, but it could use some work. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or requests, comment and I'll see what I can do.  :)

First poem:  


Dandelion Seeds



Walking down the fields with my thoughts running
I blow a wish on the dandelion seeds
For someone just to love me, please someone just love me.
I may not be pretty, but I really need some loving.


Sitting under an autumn tree with my guitar strumming
Hoping the wind will blow my thoughts away
Footsteps walking, I see your face
My heart starts fluttering

 
Introductions start and you compliment my playing
Pleasures of meeting each other
You say life just got better and better
Red cheeks start to burn as I realize what you’re saying

You find I have a hard knock life and your brow is creasing
I look down ashamed and feeling guilty
You grab my chin, and say sadly,
“No one should treat you that way, darling”

Walking in the fields after you have gone, my heart is fluttering
I blow a wish on the dandelion seeds
Hoping you’re the answer to my need
For someone to keep me from running.

 
Walking into school with an achy heart, watching the girls that I can’t compete
My face is down like it’s always down
I see you and you stop my frowning
Boy, you’ll never realize that you’re making me feel complete


Soon enough we’re meeting at the field
Walking through the dandelion seeds
You say “I used to wish on these”
I pick a seed and blow a silent wish, my smile concealed.

 
Walking in the fields with you on my mind
I blow a wish on a dandelion seed
Wishing that you stay here with me
Hoping love is finally mine.

 
First fights always start and end with a bang
Never expected you to have this kind of temper
And run off into the fields, needing an answer
I watch you drive off in your fancy mustang

 
Walking  alone is so much different than with you
The sun is going down and I’m wearing a frown
Please come back, my head is down.
Tears are sliding as I pick a wish for you


Wishing on those dandelion seeds doesn’t seem to work at all
The wind is drowning my tears away

Hoping that my heart will disappear before the next day

Suddenly you’re there to pick me up from my fall.


Blowing a wish on a dandelion seed
You pull me in and squeeze me tightly
You kept me from running when I needed you most
Love is finally mine when you kiss me.



Second poem:  


 Wind In My Heart




Every day under the great willow tree

I sit with my hair blowing around

Hoping my dear friend will remove the thoughts I do not need.

As I listen to her beautiful sound.



She sings and whistles through the leaves,

Assists the elegant birds through the sky,

She lifts away my grieves,

So I may wave goodbye.



Whistling courage,

Ceasing worries,

Singing me out of bondage,

She gives me peace when I need it greatly.



Blowing my wishes on the dandelion seeds,

She brings them to the higher heavens

Listening to my cries of need,

Advising me in my actions.



When tears are streaking,

She dries them gently,

When breathing hurts,

She soothes my bearings.



A lonely day without her love

Leads to shaky hands and trembling breaths

The clouds are not moving above,

My thoughts are not bowing down to death.



Greeting my beloved companion each day

Helps me through my lone and grief.

She greets with open arms that sway,

Her grasp is strong, yet gentle as a leaf.

Should she ever depart,
My mind would surely be scarred.
She is a piece of my heart,
For Wind is my love and my guard.


Hope you guys enjoyed these!!! 

Talk to you soon!
Meg









No comments:

Post a Comment