Friday, May 25, 2012

Bedtime Poem

Hey guys!  Wrote a new poem this morning, and need some input on it.  I've been thinking a lot about what sorts of things I want to do with my kids in the future.  This poem is one of them.  Each night, as I'm tucking them into bed, or doing a bedtime routine, we'll both say this poem.  I'll say one line, they say the next, etc.  The last paragraph will be mine when they're wrapped up in their blankets.  Let me know what you think!


It is time now, let us bide
To the world where smiles are heard,
Where no one minds,

Where we may fly with the largest birds.


Away we fly to join the deer,
Where no sadness dwells,
Where there is no fear.
Where happiness swells.


To the place we feel no sorrow,
A world where all things are good,
Where there is a tomorrow.
A place we can visit, even past childhood.


Climb the highest tree,
Sleep on the fluffiest cloud,
Breathe the water of the sea,
Fly the skies and sing aloud.


Here, we dance with the trees.
Here, we sing with the wind.
Here, we fly with the breeze.
Here, we follow the whirlwinds.


We come here to get stronger,
Not for greed or pride,
Everything I do comes from me, the author.
An escape to a world in divide.


Dear child, you come here through dreams.
When all seems broken,
You must cut the seams
And let your mind and heart open.


Sleep soundly now, my dear one.
You are safe in your bed.
Until you awaken,
Let these words calm your sleeping head.


Hope you guys enjoyed it, and I hope to hear from you!
Talk to you later!
Meg

1 comment:

  1. I really like this poem. I think your children will love it when you will write them poems. Keep up the amazing poems.
    N

    ReplyDelete